There are many features of nylon that make it an ideal choice for carpet fiber.Durability
- Nylon is a very strong fiber and it stands up very well to abrasion.Resiliency
- Nylon's resiliency is due in large part to the hydrogen molecule that constitutes part of its structure. Steam cleaning every 12-18 month reactivates the hydrogen molecule and allows the fibers to bounce back ensuring longevity.Stain-resistance
- Nylon is a very absorbent fiber and must be protected with a stain treatment. Advances in stain treatment technologies mean that today's nylons are more stain-resistant than ever before.
Once thought to be a poor quality choice, has seen many recent improvements.Not only are they beautiful, they also have a luxurious feel.Stain resistance
- Perhaps one of the biggest draws of polyester is its inherent stain resistance. Polyester is referred to as a closed-cell fiber.Durability
- Due to technological advancements, the gap between polyester and nylon has been drastically reduced. Polyester is stronger and more durable than ever before demonstrated by the longer warranties the higher-end polyesters now carry.Eco-friendliness
- Although synthetic fibers are not as ecologically-friendly as natural fibers such as wool, polyester is one of the most eco-friendly synthetic fibers. Polyester fibers require half the energy to produce as nylon fibers.Cost
- Relative to nylon, polyester carries a lower cost, due to the lower cost of raw materials and production. Thus, it is a great option for budget-driven renovations, and it offers good value for the money.
No matter which fiber you choose, it's important to understand the necessity of a professional installation. Feel free to talk to your flooring professional about the specifics, so that you'll understand the complete process.